I’m excited to announce that TTs are officially back on from Wednesday 28th April and that we have a TT calendar for the 2021 season!
You’ll not be surprised to hear that there are a few changes to procedure to ensure that the Club and its competitors are racing in a “Covid-safe” way.
In close consultation with Scottish Cycling, our Club Covid-19 Coordinator, Russell put together the necessary risk assessment for competitors, marshals and the public and based on this I have produced a guideline document for competitors.
Please follow these and show the public that Gala CC is a responsible cycling club.
A few other things to note.
1) As before, you’re encouraged to ride either a road bike (without tri-bars or TT helmet) or TT bike and your time will be categorised accordingly.
2) A full complement of 10s and 25s are included to the extent that the club championships is being run despite a slightly shorter calendar.
3) There’s a good variety of hilly TTs, including the return of an old classic, The Swire hilly TT!
4) The Border Trophy this season is being reduced to a single event run by Hawick Cycling Club in coordination with the Tour of Britain Hawick stage. The date in the calendar is provisional and will be confimed as soon as possible.
5) Course details will be posted on the Gala CC website.
6) The Gordon Rout events include the extreme hill event we know and love, the Freewheel Competition. Never mind the watts, get those hubs greased!
7) Thank you to all the volunteers so far. We’re sorted for timekeepers and marshals for the first event or two but we will run the volunteer rota as before, where the volunteer on the night will get maximum points for that event. We’re working on it and will advise asap.
8) Non-members will be made very welcome to “come-and-try” one TT for free – we’re a friendly old club, so feel free to bring a friend!
9) Please run a rear light and preferably a front too, when racing. A number of rear lights will be available if you forget yours.
Let me know if you have any questions. It’ll be great to see you so come along, and give it some welly!