Further to Scottish Cycling’s “The Way Forward” document, Club activity can return in open spaces, adhering to the following guidelines:
• Russell Carson is the appointed Covid Co-ordinator for Gala CC and will oversee the arrangements
for all club runs.
• Club rides can take place with up to 7 people from unlimited households.
• Physical distancing is suspended for the duration of all club activity. Physical distancing must
be maintained before and after the club activity.
Participants must not attend a ride or session if:
• They have Covid-19 symptoms
• Someone in their household has Covid-19 symptoms
• If they have been asked to self-isolate at home by the Scottish Government Test and Protect
• They have returned from a country which is not on the exemption from quarantine list in the
last 14 days
An accurate register, including contact details, must be kept for EVERY session.
Please email email@example.com with your name and contact number prior to the Club Run
During the activity
The following guidelines should be considered during the activity for all age groups:
• Participants must practice good respiratory hygiene during the activity (i.e. coughing,
sneezing into a tissue or the crook of an elbow)
• Participants must provide their own equipment and refreshments and should avoid sharing
the likes of tools, water bottles and food.
• Face coverings are optional during activity, but riders should bring a personal face mask for
their use in the event of injury requiring attention from a first aider.
If a participant develops symptoms of Covid-19, they should stop taking part, return home and
follow the Government’s ‘Test and Protect’ guidelines, which can be read on GOV.SCOT.